Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Women's Guide to Golf



The Women's Guide to Golf, A Handbook for Beginners, by Kellie Stenzel Garvin is an excellent intro, not only to the game itself, and the skills needed to play it, but the terminology you'll need to know to converse about the game intelligently with fellow players, spouse or boyfriend, children, etc.

Here's the Table of Contents:
Part 1: Introduction and Purpose

Part II: Lessons (each one prefaced with terminology)
1. The Golf Course
2. The Golf Hole
3. The Goal of the Game
4. The Equipment and Yardage Chart
5. Holding the Club
6. Setup
7. Aim and Alignment
8. The Waggle
9. Pre-shot Routine
10. Putting
11. How Do I Get this Small Ball into the Air?
12. The Short Game - Chipping and Pitching
13. The Full Swing
14. What'd I Do Wrong, Coach?
15. Home on th Range
16. The Hazards of Amateur Advice: The Prince Charming Syndrome
17. Playing a Round of Golf, plus etiquette
18. Bunkers: Green Side, Fairway and Buried Lies
19. Irregular Lies
20. Bad Lies
21. How to Choose an Instructor
22. Taking Lessons - How to Get the Most for your Time and Effort
23. The Rules You Need to Know
24. Club Fitting - How do you know what club's right for you?
25. Golf's Bottom Line - Cutting Costs
26. My Favorite Training Aids
27. How To Play Faster
28. Playing in Ladies' Day
29. Are Women People in the World of Golf
30. Watching Golf on Televisin
31. Playing Pregnant - To Swing or Not To Swing
32. What is a handicap, and how do I get one

Part III. Conclusion
Part IV. Glossary

My own comments
Personally, I'm not a golfer, but I need to brush up on my knowledge for You Fly, Girl. I LOVE miniature golf, however - it takes skill, and it doesn't take as long! However, this book has taught me everything I need to know!

No comments: