The over-arcing headline: Graf Zeppelin fighting strong headwinds over France (on its round the world flight)
The sub-heading of the article was: Big dirigible again headed for US.
There is a Northwest Fair held in Bellingham that was getting a lot of publicity.
Pilots Loren Mendell and Pete Reinhardt had been supplied with a plane to make an endurance flight at Culver City, but Eleanor Merry filed a suit preventing them from taking off. She'd been injured in a crash landing with Mendell as the pilot, and was suing him for $28,000.
Other headlines on front page:
- Prices slashed on British Columbia Shingles
- Appointment of Tax Commission that will attempt to untangle involved system, expected soon (regarding Washington state's complicated tax system)
- 250 Men Fighting forest fires in district
- Appeal is planned: Northwest Lumbermen to Ask Hoover's Assistance
- Gruber rules out Carlisle - PAF Dispute - (something to do with something called the Alsop Trap)
- Bob Martin, Seattle Flyer, Says he will attempt hop to Tokyo soon
- Chicago syndicate of bomb makers unearthed
- European capitals keeping eye on radicals: Communists reported to be planning "anti-war day" demonstrations today
- Although choosing an unofficial successor, Thomas A. Edison states he has no intention of resigning
- Larceny is charged; Seattle cigar store owner is facing trial