Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Desiree Horton!

I was surfing the web today, looking for websites for women pilots, when I came across a blog for helicopter pilot and TV personality Desiree Horton. I confess I'd never heard of her before, but then I've spent all life in the midwest - Minnesota - and now in Virginia, and she's based for the most part out of Los Angeles.

According to Wikipedia:
Desiree Horton (b. May 18, 1971), nicknamed "Chopper Chick," is a helicopter pilot and television personality based in Los Angeles, California. She is one of the few female helicopter pilots/on-camera reporters in Los Angeles television history.

Her blog, which I've been reading for the last hour, is at:
http://copterchick.blogspot.com

Also according to Wikipedia:
Beginning in January 2008, Horton will star in her own television series Sky Racers on truTV (formerly Court TV). The show puts viewers inside the cockpit with Horton covering breaking news in the Los Angeles area.

So since I've got satellite, I'll be able to see this.

I hope to be able to interview her in the near future....she seems to be quite the role model for today's women.

No comments: