Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Ares I-X Test Flight


Just a one page sheet, nothing on the back... doesn't say what this is or what its to be used for.

Constellation Ares I-X Test Flight
Significant Milestorne for Ares I Crew Launch Vehicle

According to Wikipedia:
Ares I is the crew launch vehicle being developed by NASA as a component of Project Constellation. NASA will use Ares I to launch Orion, the spacecraft being designed for NASA human spaceflight missions after the Space Shuttle is retired in 2010. Ares I was previously known as the Crew Launch Vehicle or CLV. The larger, unmanned Ares V is being designed as a complement to the Ares I; it will be the cargo launch vehicle for Project Constellation. Ares I and V are named after the Greek deity Ares, who is identified with the Roman god Mars.

(Interesting that it's called Ares/Mars, as Mars is generally considered the god of War. You'd've thought a more uplifting name could've been found....

No comments: