I am a subscriber to the newsletter of Wilco Films, a company that is producing an aviation documentary called A Pilot's Story. http://apilotsstory.com/
A trailer for the still unfinished doc is available for view here: http://apilotsstory.com/index_elements/trailer2.html
A Pilot's Story Contest
Would you like to have your "Pilot Story" featured in the film? By entering this contest, you may get that chance! Will and Rico just launched the first contest in connection with A Pilot's Story and are asking you to submit yours. The pilot with the most compelling story will be featured in the film and win great prizes!
Why did you become a pilot?How becoming a pilot has changed your life? How have you been able to impact others around you? What does being a pilot and flying mean to you? How have you been able to promote aviation and inspire others to fly? What kind of plane do you fly or have flown? Tell us the most memorable event during your flying career.
The "Grand Prize" contest winner will receive:
* The producers of the film will come and film their story at their airport/hanger. Some of this interview will be featured in the film.
* Two tickets to the premier of the film (location and date to be determined)
* A Lightspeed Aviation Zulu Headset Winner of the 2008 Aviation Consumer "Product of the Year" award.
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear Sunglasses
* An iPod Touch loaded with ForeFlight Software the official Preflight Intelligence software of "A Pilot's Story"
The "Second Place" contest winner will receive:
* A Lightspeed Zulu headset
* An iPod Touch Loaded with ForeFlight Software,the official Preflight Intelligence software of "A Pilot's Story"
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear sunglasses:
Three "Third Place" contest winners will each receive:
* ASA Flight Bag with Instrument & Private rating kits
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear sunglasses
All winners will receive:
* A copy of the finished film on DVD
* A free one year subscription to Plane & Pilot magazine and Flight Plan Magazine
More prizes to be announced soon...
*** Contestants can submit their stories to: email@example.com
*** Contest ends on June 30th, 2009 at 12PM PST
*** Winners will be announced July 20th, 2009 via email and an announcement on www.apilotsstory.com
*** Contest is open to legal US residents of the 50 US states 18 years or older. Void where prohibited.
*** Participating sponsors, vendors, suppliers and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
*** The producers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of the winners.
*** You may enter this contest via through AOPA's Let's Go Flying Blog Here:
A Pilot's Story Contest-LGF-Blog
A Pilot's Story Upcoming Events
The producers of A Pilot's Story will be at the following events:
* March 21st, 2009
Speaking engagement at Van Nuys, CA. EAA Chapter meeting at the Whitman Airport.
* March 25th, 2009
Speaking engagement at the Concord, CA. EAA Chapter meeting.
* March 31st, 2009
Speaking engagement at the Fresno, CA. EAA Chapter meeting.
* April 2nd, 2009
Speaking engagement at the Monterey/Salinas, CA EAA Chapter meeting.
* April 4th, 2009
Speaking engagement at Stockton, CA. EAA Chapter meeting.
* April 21st to April 25th, 2009
Attending and speaking at Sun 'N Fun at Lakeland, FL. Friday April 24th at 7PM. Look for us!