Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

This Day In Women's Aviation

I received my This Day in Women's Aviation desk calender from www.powderpuffpilot.com today.

I'm quite pleased wit the information - one snippet of information per each of the 365 days in the year, as per any other desk calendar, sitting on a sturdy black plastic base.

It's a maiden effort, however, and so instead of individual photographs or illustrations of the pilot concerned for each day, the illustration for each day is only of the Powder Puff Pilot logo.

If this calendar is a success, then I'm sure they'll go for a more "top-of-the-line" version next year.

So, make this calendar a success! Buy it for yourself, for friends and family, for anyone interested in aviation that ya know!

In addition to the date, and the information nugget, there's also four lines for you to write notes. Three different month calendars in the top left hand corner, so you know what came before and what's going to come after day wise, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your complimentary review and recommendation!

You're right that I plan on a new version for 2010, but I'm afraid photos will be out of the question. The permissions required to use photos for a commercial venture, not to mention the cost, would make the calendars far too expensive.

Also, photos would take up valuable real estate on each page, and I already reluctantly edit out a lot of fascinating material to adhere to my 200-character limit per page.

I agree it would make each story come alive, but alas… Thanks again!

Sue Hughes
Powder Puff Pilot