A new addition to the Winged Victory: Women in Aviation website is a download page, where I'll put free PDFs of indexes for non-fiction books that don't have them, and any other things I come across that need indexing.
For example, I just added 6 PDF files for the pilots, and passengers of the All-Women's Transcontinental Air Race, which ran from 1947 to 1977. Over 1,000 women participated, some only once, some multiple times. For the final race, in 1977, several teams carried passengers to mark the occasion.
The PDFs are as follows:
1. All participants (pilots and passengers) sorted alphabetically
2. Pilots sorted alphabetically
3. Pilots sorted by race year
4. Passengers in 1977 (some were pilots who flew in previous years, others were student pilots, etc.)
5. Pilots who flew in one race
6. Pilots who flew in multiple races
At the moment - that's all that's on the page, the Powder Puff Derby material and an index for Zero 3 Bravo, by Mariana Gosnell, but I hope to add more material on a weekly basis.
So please check it out!