Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

So many books, so little time

I blogged a coupe of days ago that I'd received the book, Captain Gramma to review... (she's also going to give me an interview)

Today I just finished Zero 3 Bravo: Solo Across America in a Small Plane, by Mariana Gosnell. Gosnell flew across America in the late 1970s, the book wasn't published until 1993, but it makes for good if rather melancholic reading. Who in today's economy could afford to fly cross country, even if there was still enough uncontrolled air space to make it worth while.

I've actually got dozens of older books to read - I've been picking up lots of used books from Amazon.com, sadly, most of them are "de-accessioned library books" - meaning I suddenly own a book which now, hundreds of people going to that library will never be able to read. I'm never sure if they de-accession books once they reach a certain age, or if they track th ose that haven't been checked out in five years or something, and get rid of those...

Anyway...I'll be doing lots of book reviews and articles in the next few days...

I'll also start up a library of Women in Aviation books, so anyone who'd like to borrow books from me may do so...

No comments: