Saturday, December 31, 2011
Breakaway: the History of Women in Aviation December 2011
The December 2011 issue of Breakaway: History of Women in Aviation is now available for the Kindle *and* the Nook.
Link to December issue.
1. News Articles, December 1-31, 2011: Headlines Only
2. News Headlines and First 2 Paragraphs of each story, December 1-31, 2011
1. History of the Powder Puff Derby: The Second Race – 1948
2. Picture Books: Ruth Law Thrills a Nation and Soar, Elinor!
3. Book Reviews: No Visible Horizon: Surviving the World’s Most Dangerous Sport
* Index for No Visible Horizon
* Women Aerobatic Pilots Mentioned in No Visible Horizon
1. Women Pilots: 1910 to 1918
November issue for the Kindle
1. Aviation Calendar – January 2012
1. Vernice Armour: Accelerated Passion
2. Why I Am Not Afraid to Fly, by Katherine Stinson (1919)
3. History of The Powder Puff Derby: The First Race – 1947
1. News Articles, November 1-30, 2011: Headlines Only
2. News Headlines and Brief Synopsis of Articles, November 1-30, 2011
1. Selected Museums Devoted to Women in Aviation